In August 2013, SciWomen was awarded supplemental funding through the RU FAIR ADVANCE grant (NSF Award: HRD-0810978) to support a Rutgers dual-career specialist position. Based on recommendations by AAUP (2010) and the Clayman Institute Report (2008) on dual-career hires, the supplement works to meet the needs of dual-career couples with an aim to recruit new hires and to retain current faculty members in STEM who are facing dual-career issues. Internally, the position will be to serve participants from the three geographically dispersed Rutgers University campuses at Newark, New Brunswick and Camden.
During the AY 2013-2014, the SciWomen Office will prioritize the following efforts towards this initiative:
- conduct focus groups and online survey
- create a Dual-Career Specialist job description and solicit feedback from key stakeholders;
- finalize the job description and begin the recruitment process;
- conduct interviews and hire for the dual-career specialist position;
- develop an implementation plan and submit recommedation to university leadership;
- build strategic alliances and institutional partners to advance initiative
If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback, please send an email to email@example.com or call us at: 732-445-2438.